Cross-posted to The Conjecturer.
Defense & The War
- What, they’re accused of only murdered 14 people? Let’s see if the White Rabbit can break his weeks-long silence to defend them this time.
- Well, at least they’ve finally joined the war.
- Oh great. With friends like these… who says we’ll ever fix Iraq?
- Max Boot has a problem, and the only prescription is more FSOs confined to the Green Zone. Antonius Block has other essential thoughts on this half-baked essay. Much like my thoughts on Krauthammer… how do these guys still get paid to write on this stuff?
- More failing upwards in the military.
Around the World
- A Swiss group is offering anal for crips, and I don’t mean the gang. Possibly related, millions of us now have chlamydia. Gonorrhea and syphillis are on the rise as well. So let’s not have quite as much sex as before, ok? Who am I kidding, just double-bag that sh1t.
- So sometimes U.S. pressure can have positive effects. Just not in Uzbekistan.
- LOL! This is like when the Kazakh National Bank misspelled “bank.” But please—no Borat jokes, please.
- Interesting: Porsche makes more money from options than from selling cars. So does that mean they could sell their cars for less? Obviously not. But it’s nice to dream.
- Looking at Musharraf’s Ides of March.
- Péter Marton has another update on the Baghlan bombing.
- Don’t forget the simmering problem of Nagorno-Karabagh.
Back at Home
- Wonkette and Red State, united in fury against… Ron Paul? That’s reason enough to support him.
- This is a compelling reason to support the writer’s strike.
- Oh, so the weak dollar is why pot is so expensive these days? Actually, my friends tell me it really isn’t, at least around DC—and it’s gotten better in quality. Maybe they don’t have those Canadians supplying the ganj. But I wouldn’t know—I’ve never looked into pot smuggling supply chain management.
- The recording industry is trying to use federal money to blackmail universities for the behavior of their students. How appalling.
5 Responses to “News Brief, Cake Parade Edition”
Trackback URI | Subscribe to the comments through RSS Feed